The Department of Science and Innovation of the University was established in September 2017, the main purpose of which are to organize and coordinate research, strive to obtain new scientific and technical achievements, solve various scientific issues that contribute to the development of the economic, social and cultural spheres of the country's development, as well as coordinate research activities with educational ones.
Research activities at the University are carried out according to the work plan approved by the Academic Council of TSUC.
The activities of the Department of Science and Innovation are conducted on the basis of the educational policy and the instructions of the Founder of Peace and National Unity – Leader of the Nation, President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, legislative and regulatory acts in the field of higher education (the current laws of the Republic of Tajikistan "On Education", "On Higher and Postgraduate Education", "Model Regulations on higher Education Institutions", "State Standards of Higher Education in the Republic of Tajikistan", etc.), orders of the Rector of the Tajik State University of Commerce, the charter of the University, the regulations of the Department of Science and Innovation and the approved annual work plan.
The main tasks of the Department of Science and Innovation are:
development and expansion of research activities of teachers, staff, doctoral students, postgraduates, undergraduates and students;
supervising research work at TSUC;
– effective use of the results of scientific research in the educational process to improve the level and quality of knowledge of future specialists;
– training of scientific and pedagogical personnel and professional development of pedagogical personnel;
– involvement of gifted students in research work;
– development of students ' creative thinking when solving research projects;
– development and implementation of the program of cooperation of the university with domestic and foreign universities of the country;
– organization of olympiads, conferences, seminars and scientific consultations;
– discussion and analysis of the results of scientific research;
– provision ensuring control over the timely implementation of research works;
– timely examination of research works of students, postgraduates and doctoral students.